Freedom to Write About Nothing.

I was a real issue with this blog.  Simply put, having the freedom to write about anything (and nothing) leaves me feeling stumped.

It reminds me of when I used to teach college English courses.  When I would have a "creative assignment" many students would be totally perplexed... "should I double space it?" "does it need a thesis statement?" "what do you mean write in my own voice??".

I started this blog in an ancient time when I thought maybe I'd share some short stories and perhaps someone would stumble upon it and be like, "Holy SHIT this writer is pure genius!".  And then of course I would become famous and it would all have started with a simple Blogger account.

That all quickly vanished in the harsh face of reality and the blog dwindled away from existence.  In that time I've written for all sorts of clients, from fun articles about drinking to really boring articles about technology shit (and everything in between).  And somewhere along the line I realized my voice had vanished, and I wanted to start blogging again to somehow find it.

Imagine my surprise when I went to create a blog account and was like OH RIGHT, THIS SHIT ALREADY EXISTS!  It was pure magic.  But in my desire to reconnect with what I actually like about writing I've kinda gone off the map.  This blog is utterly without purpose and that's my issue.  Or maybe that's the purpose?

God damnit.

Comments

  1. Must figure out how to make the phone co-operate better with this.... but for the record why do blogs not have like buttons? Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts